The Concept behind 3 MT Tours
Being in business for some 22 years in 2014, one definitory characteristic has shown up in our way of doing business at 3 MT Tours – we definitely make tours for people, not looking for people for our tours. Rarely we provided standard tours, more often than not, we did look for the particular and unique things on the one hand, while on the other, we did look for cross-border connections – and you should have already read on our website, our research did connect some pretty far-apart countries.
High quality is assured not only by using the best hotel in each location, but primarily by our permanent staff –
Mihai Toncescu, the foudner of the company has a vast experience in this branch, having worked since the 1970s as a tour guide. A University of Bucharest graduate in English and German languages and litarature, he has a vast culture and can accommodate the most experienced traveller.
Facts and Figures
3 MT Tours is a brand of 3 MT Serv SRL and is operating as an incoming specialist for Romania, specialized in cultural and nature tours. We are primarily specialized in touring throughout Romania, including the Danube Delta. The company was founded in 1992, thus 3 MT Tours is among the oldest Romanian tour-operators still in business.
Some dates, facts and fgures you may find interesting:
- 1996: Introducing the brand of 3 MT Tours, now among the few Romanian tour operators for Incoming tourism with the own travel agency, after re-naming the existing society to 3 MT Serv. 3 MT Tours becomes member of the National Association of Travel Agencies in Romania (ANAT)
- 1996: and the following years: apart from our own tours, we organized also tours for foreign operators, like for instance ONE WORLD – Reisen mit Sinnen in Germany, Dornbierer Reisen and Gaea Tours in Switzerland, Haest & Sport Resor Sverige AB in Sweden, the UBS in order to mention only some of our partners.
- 2001: The own web page was built by the own personnel, where we structure our offer after travel destinations and services.
- 2004-2005: Member of American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)
- 2006-2010: 26%-49% of the yearly profits has been booked from our website.
- 2011-2012: More than 10% of the yearly profits has been booked from our website.